Nominations for Victoria’s 2018 Multicultural Awards for Excellence are now open.
The awards honour outstanding individuals and organisations that foster cross-cultural understanding, support migrants and refugees, and celebrate and preserve the diversity of cultures that make Victoria such a great place to live.
Nominations are invited across 10 categories in recognition of the wide variety of ways that multiculturalism can be strengthened by the efforts of Victorians. From professionals to volunteers, recent migrants and refugees to established Victorians, dedicated individuals to extraordinary groups – if you know someone who has made a real difference in our multicultural communities, we want to hear about it.
Nominations close 11:59pm on Monday 2 July 2018.
To submit a nomination, click on the award category links below and complete an online nomination form.
Online nominations are encouraged and preferred. However, if you would like a PDF or hard-copy nomination form, please email email@example.com or phone 03 7017 8190.
Recipients will be honoured at a ceremony attended by high-profile dignitaries in September 2018.
Now in their 17th year, the awards are coordinated by the Victorian Multicultural Commission on behalf of the Victorian Government.
Read about previous recipients of Victoria's Multicultural Awards for Excellence:
- Victoria's Multicultural Awards for Excellence 2016 - ceremony booklet
- Victoria's Multicultural Awards for Excellence 2016 - Certificate of Merit recipients
- Award recognises young African changemaker
- 5 minutes with Victoria's 2016 #DiversityHeroes: Nazer Nazir
- 5 minutes with Victoria's #DiversityHeroes: John & Pauline Gandel
- 5 minutes with Victoria's #DiversityHeroes: Julian Leyre