Nominations for Victoria’s 2018 Multicultural Awards for Excellence are now closed.
The awards honour outstanding individuals and organisations that foster cross-cultural understanding, support migrants and refugees, and celebrate and preserve the diversity of cultures that make Victoria such a great place to live.
Nominations have ben invited across 10 categories in recognition of the wide variety of ways that multiculturalism can be strengthened by the efforts of Victorians. From professionals to volunteers, recent migrants and refugees to established Victorians, dedicated individuals to extraordinary groups – if you know someone who has made a real difference in our multicultural communities, we want to hear about it.
Thank you to all who have nominated their diversity heroes.
Nominations are current being assessed and nominators and recipients will be advised of an outcome in August 2018.
Recipients will be honoured at a ceremony attended by high-profile dignitaries in September 2018.
Now in their 17th year, the awards are coordinated by the Victorian Multicultural Commission on behalf of the Victorian Government.
Read about previous recipients of Victoria's Multicultural Awards for Excellence:
- Victoria's Multicultural Awards for Excellence 2016 - ceremony booklet
- Victoria's Multicultural Awards for Excellence 2016 - Certificate of Merit recipients
- Award recognises young African changemaker
- 5 minutes with Victoria's 2016 #DiversityHeroes: Nazer Nazir
- 5 minutes with Victoria's #DiversityHeroes: John & Pauline Gandel
- 5 minutes with Victoria's #DiversityHeroes: Julian Leyre