This publication (LGA Report) provides data on the key census cultural and language diversity indicators for Victoria’s population, including country of birth (birthplace), ancestry, language spoken at home and religion by Local Government Areas (LGAs).
The report begins with a section on Victoria Overview consisting of ethnicity tables, charts and maps; followed by four-page profiles for Metropolitan Melbourne, Rest of Victoria and All Victoria; VMC's Regional Advisory Council (RAC) regions; Metropolitan LGAs; and Major Regional LGAs. These are followed by two-page profiles for the rest of regional Victoria LGAs.
The report is an invaluable guide for local government planners, community organisations, researchers and those in the broader community concerned with policy planning and the design of culturally appropriate services.
Print copies are available upon request. (For more detailed census data, please visit the Australian Bureau of Statistics).
Please click on the links below for free download.
The full report can be downloaded as a single file. The report is also divided into different parts for individual download.
Full Report, Contents and Notes on Data
- Full Report - Population Diversity in Victoria: 2016 Census, Local Government Areas (PDF 6.11 mb)
- Contents and Notes on Data (PDF 325.18 kb)
Section 1: Victoria Overview
Section 2: Four-page Profiles
- Major regions - Metropolitan Melbourne, Rest of Victoria, Victoria State and Regional Advisory Council regions (PDF 546 kb)
- Metropolitan Melbourne Local Government Areas (PDF 1.03 mb)
- Major Regional Victoria Local Government Areas (PDF 371 kb)
Section 3: Two-page Profiles
- Map 1: Victoria State Local Government Areas and Regional Advisory Council regions; and Map 2: Metropolitan Melbourne Local Government Areas (PDF 1.2 mb)