African Leadership Development Program 2016
THE African Leadership Development Program (ALDP) provides an great opportunity for aspiring African Australian leaders to develop their communication, professional and networking skills.
This FREE interactive course matches participants with a Leadership Victoria Mentor with the aim of developing key skills to enable participants to confidently contribute to the local community.
The ALDP focuses on leadership development with inspiring guest speakers, interactive activities and networking opportunities designed to provide long-lasting benefits and outcomes for both the participants and the community. Participants have access to one-on-one mentoring and group community projects throughout the program.
Who can apply?
· Applicants from all African backgrounds who have demonstrated commitment to community development
· Previous training as a leader or holding a current leadership position is not required
· The program is delivered in English
· Young emerging leaders and women are encouraged to apply
The program will consist of ten seminars held on Saturdays from July to November at 9.30am-2.30pm, with topcis including:
· The principles of leadership
· Dealing with conflict
· The role of influencing decision makers in media and communications
· Communicating with authenticity and for impact
· Building and maintaining effective networks
· Negotiation skills
· Community leadership – community organisations, capacity building and volunteers
Applications close 15 June 2016. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview with a selection panel and will be required to provide a letter of support from a community member.
ALDP is funded by the Victorian Government’s Office of Multicultural Affairs and Citizenship.