What is the program?
The Multicultural Sports Fund Program is a strategic partnership program aimed at increasing access and participation in sport for culturally diverse communities.
The Program aims to achieve the following objectives in support of culturally diverse communities:
- Increase social inclusion by building strong and lasting connections between culturally diverse communities and the wider Victorian community
- Enable culturally diverse communities, including young people and women, to better access and participate in local sporting initiatives
- Support the Victorian sports sector to better understand, reach and positively engage with culturally diverse communities
- Increase opportunities for people from culturally diverse communities to become sporting leaders through education and development
- Improve mental and physical health outcomes for culturally diverse communities
Successful applicants will partner with local communities and local sporting clubs in disadvantaged areas to develop, plan, and implement activities that will increase access to, and participation in, sport.
What funding is available?
A funding pool of $1 million per annum over four years is available through this program. Funding requests of up to $200,000 per year for up to four years will be considered with a two year review of the project to evaluate the objectives and outcomes of the program.
Funding is available for state sporting associations and national sporting organisations to partner with local communities and clubs in Victoria, to develop and implement initiatives that increase access and participation for diverse communities. Proposals must also demonstrate matched funding contributions (including in-kind funding).
Who is eligible to apply?
For more information about the program and eligibility requirements please ensure you read the program guidelines prior to submitting your application.
Applicants who have overdue accountability reports for previous grants funded through the VMC and/or OMAC are not eligible to receive funding. To check if you are up to date with accountability reports, please email email@example.com.
How do I apply?
Applications for the Multicultural Sports Fund Grants Program have now closed. Announcements for successful applicants for this program are expected to be made in May 2017.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 366 356.